Tips for creating a video diary
Modified on: Fri, 2 Apr, 2021 at 3:43 PM
Setting Up The Camera
- using a mobile phone or tablet camera is usually the easiest way
- try to get yourself and the keyboard in the same shot - usually having the camera a few feet away at shoulder height makes this easier
- anything that allows you to angle the camera and keeps it steady is fine - a dedicated stand is ideal (such as https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08FGSV9CZ ) , but a willing partner is also ok if they can hold the camera fairly steady.
What to Include In The Video
- record short video clips eg 1 to 3 mins
- speaking to the camera as well as playing is great - suggestions include:-
- introducing yourself eg first name / age / geographic region
- how long you have been on the DecPlay course
- how you are feeling about the learning process eg expectations / doubts / breakthroughs or successes you have had so far
- any extra information that might inspire others would be great too eg challenges you have overcome / tips for others who are similar to you
How To Share Your Videos
- If you are happy sharing any of the videos with other DecPlay students, post it at https://www.facebook.com/groups/pianoseniors/
- If you are happy for DecPlay to include your video in student compilations designed to encourage other people to join the DecPlay community, email the video to email@example.com and put 'Video for Sharing' in the subject title.
Here are more details:-
- Info for iPhone and iPad users on sending large files by email https://decplay.freshdesk.com/a/solutions/articles/80000560358
- WeTransfer.com is a free service enabling large files to be sent from phone, tablets and computers - more info at https://wetransfer.com/
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.